One of the most important aspects of purcasing a ring is to PICK THE RIGHT size. Therefore it is absolutely important to do it right from the start. Need help to find the right size? Follow our ring size guide to find your ideal fit.
WHAT SIZE SYSTEM DO YOU FOLLOW ?
Top Crystal Stockholm follow the diameter size standard, measuring the diameter on the inner side of the ring in millimiteter (mm).
Ex. size 15 = 15mm in diameter (or 47,1 mm in circumference).
Size schedule showing diameter to circumference. Ration between diameter and circumference is pi (3,14159).
OUR RECOMENDATION: TRY & FIND YOUR SIZE
The absolutely best way to find the perfect size is to visit a jewelry store or a goldsmith to either try on rings or to measure the finger and see which size fits best. The second best option is to measure your own rings, choose the one you know fits you perfectly.
You are always welcome to visit us at Karlvägen 8 if you need any help to find your size.
IF YOU PICK WRONG SIZE - IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESIZE A RING ?
– We do not resize Top Crystal Stockholm products !
What we do instead is that we produce a new product for a small additional fee.
Why? One important aspect of producing a top quality jewelry is to have the product produced without second hand alterations. Once you start to change the product it will loose it original quality and look.
A reduction or augmentation of the size normally require the ring to be cut at the bottom and bent to fit the desired size. The changing of size can consequently result in deformation of the model and the prongs holding the stones, which futher affects the quality of the stonesetting increasign the risk of stones falling out.
SECRETLY BUYING A RING FOR SOMEONE ?
Sometimes you do not want the receipient to know you are purchasing a ring. Here are some suggestions to help you find the perfect size:
- Secretly borrow a ring that your gift recipient doesn't wear every day. Take it to your local jeweler and ask them to tell you what size the ring is. One hand is usually slightly larger than the other, so it is even better if you can find a ring that he/she wears on the hand you intend to purchase the ring for.
- If you cannot borrow one of their rings, trace the inside and outside circumference of one instead. Then, lay it over one of the rings from our sizing kit to find the perfect fit.
- Ask a friend or family member if they know what size your gift recipient is.
- If you are shopping for a ring together, figuring out the fit becomes easier. To be safe, you should still visit a jeweler to determine their size. The ring should fit snugly over their knuckle, without being uncomfortable.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT REGARDING SIZE
The size of your fingers can vary. It is very common the size of your finger change as you get older, due to gaining or losing weight, pregnancy or the onset of certain diseases or illness. Sometimes even climate and temperature can have an effect on the size.